Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Social Networking Sites

There are various forms of social networking sites. Some popular ones include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat. Each one is similar in the sense that they are used for communicating but each one is also different.

Facebook: when I first log into Facebook my 1st impression is that it's a great way to find friends I haven't seen in a long time. I can also see what my friends are posting about and contribute to it as well as see places they've checked into. It is an easy platform to use.

Twitter: when I log into Twitter, my first impression is that it is confusing. I feel that some people use it consistently and some people don't. You constantly have to use hashtags to gan followers and see what people are talking about.

Instagram: when I log into Instagram my first impression is that it's all pictures.  Instagram is very informative for finding popular trends. You can find anything from business postings to makeup tutorials. You can write posts but you can post pictures of what you're doing for your friends to like and comment.

Snapchat: when I log into snapchat my 1st impression is that everyone is posting videos of their daily life. A video can last 24 hours and you can also send a snap that can last 10 seconds. It is also an easy platform to use. It helps you get in contact with my friends as well as mutual friends I might know.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting blog post. I also find Twitter confusing. I assume it's not that confusing, it's just too detailed to a point where it comes off fake. Facebook is quite easy to use until it gets all political which is currently what's going on. It feels more like a news network than a place for interaction with your friends at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I agree with you! I'm really not a fan of twitter because like you said it is too detailed and because of that it gets confusing for me! other forms of social media are much easier to use but facebook is definitely filled with political things at that moment, so yes you are right!

      Delete